Northants Open Studio Terms & Conditions
Effective date: July 2023
2. Privacy and Data Protection
c. Data Security: We implement reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
3. Intellectual Property
a. Ownership: All content, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, digital downloads, and software on the Website, is the property of Northants Open Studios or its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
b. Limited License: You are granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Website solely for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not reproduce, modify, distribute, display, or exploit any content from the Website without prior written permission from Northants Open Studios.
4. User Conduct
a. Acceptable Use: You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You will not engage in any activity that may interfere with or disrupt the functioning of the Website or infringe upon the rights of others.
b. Prohibited Activities: You expressly agree not to upload, post, or transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, defamatory, abusive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable. You will not impersonate any person or entity, collect or store personal information about other users without their consent, engage in unauthorized advertising or spam, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or any connected systems or networks.
5. Limitation of Liability
a. Disclaimer of Warranty: The Website is provided on an "as-is" and "as available" basis, without any warranties or representations of any kind, express or implied. We do not warrant that the Website will be error-free, uninterrupted, or secure. Your use of the Website is at your own risk.
b. Limitation of Liability: In no event shall Northants Open Studios be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website or reliance on any information provided on the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, damages for loss of profits, data, or other intangible losses, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. Contact Information
Northants Open Studios
Refunds: Please note that all purchases made through the Website are non-refundable unless otherwise stated. In exceptional circumstances where a refund is deemed necessary, such as in cases of product defects or errors on our part, the refund amount will be subject to the deduction of the processing fee charged by Square or any other applicable payment processing provider. This deduction is to cover the costs incurred during the refund process. We strive to provide a satisfactory user experience, but refunds are not guaranteed and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
7. Image Rights
By uploading images to the Northants Open Studios website, you acknowledge and agree that the general rights to those images become the property of Northants Open Studios. This means that Northants Open Studios has the right to use and utilize these images in any way deemed appropriate for the promotion and benefit of Northants Open Studios, including but not limited to incorporating them into promotional materials, publications, advertisements, and online content, without requiring further permission from the original user.
However, it is important to note that Northants Open Studios will not sell these images as standalone products. The usage of the images will be strictly limited to their connection with promoting and benefiting Northants Open Studios. We respect the importance of your intellectual property rights and will ensure that the images are used in a manner consistent with our commitment to promoting the Northants Open Studios community and its associated activities.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding the usage of images uploaded to the website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. NOS Event Terms
Northants Open Studios (NOS) is open to artists and designer makers:
- who live or work in or around Northamptonshire and South Leics
- are aged 18 years or over
- for formal educational establishments and minors groups, the leader should be aged 18 years or over
- It is a condition of participation that visitors should not be required to pay an entrance fee to the venue for the NOS Sept Festival event - entry must be FREE
- Advice on arrangements for venues who normally charge for entry can be sought from the Director.
- It is the artist’s responsibility to comply with any additional terms and conditions that may apply to a third party venue
- It is the artist's responsibility to check that the venue has the relevant PLI insurance in place and if not take out their own
- Anyone exhibiting at a venue for any event organised by NOS must be a registered artist
- There is a fee to become a registered artist (currently £25)
- For all group entries each individual artist must be a registered artist
- Formal Educational Establishments / Organisations only require the lead person to be registered
- To take part in any NOS event there may be an entry fee in addition to the registration fee
- Fees are payable in advance and are not refundable
- Fees will cover the costs of administration, a limited amount of advertising and marketing (including social media) and the production of brochures/flyers
- All fees are payable online only
- Artists must supply personal information about themselves and their event(s). This includes information supplied through forms on the website.
- Artists agree to the publication of certain personal information which they have supplied as part of the registration process on the website, in the printed brochure, other marketing materials and on the website.
- NOS reserves the right to decline entry . Any such decision will be communicated to the applicant in writing
- NOS reserves the right to cancel registration at any point through the year. Any such decision will be communicated in writing
The website will carry full details of the artist’s September Festival event/s and the artist's profile as provided by the artist when registering. NOS reserves the right to undertake minor edits / corrections to this content.
Images and copyright
- Copyright of all images submitted for use to NOS will remain with the artists or the authorised image maker. Please be aware that we will use a selection of these images for marketing purposes and to promote NOS.
- Please make sure that you either own the copyright or have the permission of the copyright holder to use any image
- NOS reserves the right to edit and crop images for use in promotional items.
Website copyright Each artist shall grant a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to WOS to use their images on the website, in other electronic forms, print, or any other form, and in any publication for the purpose of marketing or promoting NOS, and solely in connection with events organised by NOS.
It is the responsibility of the Artists to ensure that they:
- Own the copyright of any image submitted and/or
- Have any and all necessary permissions from any third party copyright holder to use any image submitted, for the purposes outlined above. Artists shall obtain signed Model Releases for any images or recognisable people. All text, images, graphics, and other materials on this website are subject to the copyright and other intellectual property rights of NOS, unless otherwise stated. These materials may not be reproduced, distributed, modified or reposted to other websites without the express written permission of NOS.
Disclaimer We take every care to ensure that the data held on the website and within the various printed materials is as accurate as possible. However it is the ultimate responsibility of the participant to make sure that the information that they provide is accurate and timely.